Board index All Things Vintage Satan's Kingdom Vintage

Satan's Kingdom Vintage

A place to relive, revive, and ride that "old iron".

Post Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:44 pm

Everybody's favorite vintage race is coming up! I'll be making my Pre-Modern class debut - hoping to give Old School the business at the back of the (much younger) pack. Who's in?
PSTR Vice President
NETRA Board Member
Vintage Junkie
"Look for me in the results, immediately above the DNF's"

Post Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:22 am

Looks like Bruce will be taking care of our course needs again this year! Which is always a good thing :biggrin

2021SatansKingdom.png

Post Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:13 pm

I'll be there on something. Hopefully on one of my actual Retro bikes. It's been awhile since I've raced a hill course on a small poor. I think NH on the RM/TS 175 was the last time.. lol
Tom A.
SRCR President
Vintage Series Racer
1977 MX3, 1977 RM 175, 1980 CR250R, 1981 PE250, 1988 Cagiva WMX, 90 CRM250, 98 YZ250

Post Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:55 am

Old School, like you I’ve got an early 90’s KTM with the Keihin idle adjustment incorporated in the choke knob. Which direction makes the idle revs increase? Mine doesn’t seem to do much.
PSTR Vice President
NETRA Board Member
Vintage Junkie

Post Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:18 am

Burton wrote:
Old School, like you I’ve got an early 90’s KTM with the Keihin idle adjustment incorporated in the choke knob. Which direction makes the idle revs increase? Mine doesn’t seem to do much.

It's a fuel bleed so it's kind of in the middle it works. To far closed it doesn't allow enough fuel and too far open it's too rich and dies. Clockwise closes it.
Tom A.
SRCR President
Vintage Series Racer
1977 MX3, 1977 RM 175, 1980 CR250R, 1981 PE250, 1988 Cagiva WMX, 90 CRM250, 98 YZ250

Post Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:05 pm

I’ll be there. It’s actually a pretty fun course since Bruce too over the vintage trailboss duty.

Check the torque on those bolts Chis. Don’t want you to loose your seat battling the other Bill :rofl

Post Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:13 am

450exc115 wrote:
Burton wrote:

It's a fuel bleed so it's kind of in the middle it works. To far closed it doesn't allow enough fuel and too far open it's too rich and dies. Clockwise closes it.

Thanks, a little fiddling with the idle adjustment (more fuel) with the air screw (more air) brought about the desired result. Which is good since I'll be idling down those hills at Satan's lol.
PSTR Vice President
NETRA Board Member
Vintage Junkie

Post Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:59 pm

Question; Looking at the overall scores, I see about a half dozen riders 1st lap scores are around the 30 sec mark.
Everyone else's scores are around the 1:30 time frame. Must be scoring the riders with an incorrect start time, like maybe a minute off. Thought or comments how this effects the position people finished.

Post Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:20 pm

windorman wrote:
Question; Looking at the overall scores, I see about a half dozen riders 1st lap scores are around the 30 sec mark.
Everyone else's scores are around the 1:30 time frame. Must be scoring the riders with an incorrect start time, like maybe a minute off. Thought or comments how this effects the position people finished.

I'd have to check but I think the first (partial) lap is off because they time offsets between rows aren't done, but it is done for the full laps and should have no impact on anyone's finish scoring.
PSTR Vice President
NETRA Board Member
Vintage Junkie

Post Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:54 pm

In response to Windormans post about the scoring..... The time differential on the first lap will only make a difference for the overall scoring, because it is based on cumulative time. It gives each row behind the first row a one minute per row advantage for the overall placing. The right thing to do is correct the scoring.

Post Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:33 am

Burton wrote:
windorman wrote:

I'd have to check but I think the first (partial) lap is off because they time offsets between rows aren't done, but it is done for the full laps and should have no impact on anyone's finish scoring.

Actually I think this is where the time adjustments were done. Bruce did 30 second waves for this race since the laps were short. Which makes sense as vintage would be 1.5 minutes down on Pre modern.

It was a great course considering the terrain that place has to offer!
Tom A.
SRCR President
Vintage Series Racer

Post Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:16 am
RM
B Class Poster

Overall?
Time differential?
Advantage?

This is vintage racing folks...

Post Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:46 pm

Sorry boys.
as soon as the weekend ended I left on vacation with no laptop. I do not have one of those modern phone contraptions.
I sent Amanda an Email to fix the 30 second wave start I used and forgot to tell her about.
She has fixed it and it has been reposted.
Thanks for coming out and I hope you enjoyed the course.
:omg:

Return to All Things Vintage