Board index General Dirt Bike Jibber-Jabber All Events Through June 2020 Postponed:

All Events Through June 2020 Postponed:

Blah, Blah, Blah, dirt bikes... Yada, Yada, Yada, dirt bikes.

Post Wed May 13, 2020 9:19 pm

After studying all of the governors' executive orders from across the region, it became evident that there's no way to responsibly hold events in June. The key thing to watch is the size of the gathering being allowed by each governor. Today, the CT governor stated that he intends to hold this number at 5 until June 1 and then maybe open it up to 10 at that point. Even our smallest events have 100 people there when you count participants, family, and the club.

https://www.netra.org/june-2020-events- ... wQoJmm2yoU
NETRA BoD

You are NETRA!

Too bad because this is all too draconian for an outdoors sport like ours. GNCC is racing this weekend. NASCAR is racing this weekend and they'll have a pit crew for each car.

This whole 'flu' event smells so bad now it is laughable. Emergency powers only are good for 30 days. After that laws must be written and passed to continue. I highly recommend some good old fashioned civil disobedience everywhere you can.
People are fed up and know there is no reason for it. What this is doing to small business alone is criminal. Shut off your TV, get outside and go for a ride on your bike and live the very best you can.

The only non essential jobs I'm aware of are politicians. And for them I have this to say...

onefingersalute.jpg
onefingersalute.jpg (4.27 KiB) Viewed 1257 times

oldschool wrote:
This whole 'flu' event smells so bad now it is laughable. Emergency powers only are good for 30 days. After that laws must be written and passed to continue. I highly recommend some good old fashioned civil disobedience everywhere you can.
People are fed up and know there is no reason for it. What this is doing to small business alone is criminal. Shut off your TV, get outside and go for a ride on your bike and live the very best you can.

The only non essential jobs I'm aware of are politicians. And for them I have this to say...

onefingersalute.jpg
People are fed up, yes, but there is a good reason for this. It’s called death. I own and run a business and I have to keep my staff as well as their families and our customers safe (even the ones who don’t take this serious), and the possibility of spreading this virus, however unwittingly, is irresponsible. Many of us have at-risk people we know at home and need to make sure we don’t bring the virus there. I already know 3 people who have died as a direct result of this...it’s not a freaking hoax and it certainly isn’t “laughable”. A few months of lost racing won’t kill anyone, but catching the virus could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
James L.

I'm sorry you have lost people you know. But this happens every year from the flu/ colds, etc. The actual mortality rate is no more than other years, in fact lower than some bad flu years. It is a hoax or there is no way the world would get shut down over it. It's never happened before and it is total not justifiable. If you didn't have your TV blazing hourly updates and social media telling you just what to think you would never known anything was going on.

Most folks aren't really aware how big the yearly numbers are but sill very low compared to other things. For instance more people have died from suicide this year. malaria, road traffic accidents, alcohol related. And this are the small number. Some of the bigger number killers are deaths of children under 5, cancer, HIV, deaths cased by smoking, abortion. These are tragic too but the world go on.

At risk people and those actually sick need to be protected. But this is no different every flu year. You don't close the world
over it. It's a sham of the largest magnitude we have seen yet. But don't worry, more is on the way.

Think what you will and I hope your business survives. It's likely many won't. :omg:

Image :biggrin

very good ole skewl, I have numerous reports of false filings of cause of death. Inflating the numbers of covid 19 inflates certain wallets.

Horse and Car racing opening up in NYS on June 1.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/05/16/857412138/new-york-will-allow-horse-and-auto-racing-to-restart-without-fans-june-1

Pro horse and Pro race car crews are of pretty significant size....
NETRA 4354 / BOD
Comp Comm rep for CATRA

If they decide to have hare/scramble or enduro races with no spectators, I hope there is at least some good GoPro videos to be seen after. :dunno

Image :twothumbs:

Wait until its YOUR son that dies from the hoax then we'll see what you've got to say

Return to General Dirt Bike Jibber-Jabber