Buying in bulk

Post your mechanical questions here. Tips. Trick. Techniques.
XRs_Mostly
B Class Poster
B Class Poster

Buying in bulk

Post by XRs_Mostly »

Does anyone here buy things like chains or oil in bulk? I have about 4 bikes that should all get new chains over the winter, all taking the same size, I just feel like 520 o-ring chain is something I should be able to get a 100 foot roll of and be set for a few years.
MikeDi
AA Class Poster
AA Class Poster

Re: Buying in bulk

Post by MikeDi »

Really, should be able to buy it in bulk. There was a company called U.S. Tsubaki in the springfield area that made chain. No clue if they are making o rings but I sold them metal many years ago. they made a lot of industrial chain like for fork lifts and conveyors so maybe they have a distributor you can contact.
XRs_Mostly wrote:Does anyone here buy things like chains or oil in bulk? I have about 4 bikes that should all get new chains over the winter, all taking the same size, I just feel like 520 o-ring chain is something I should be able to get a 100 foot roll of and be set for a few years.
450exc115
A Class Poster
A Class Poster

Post by 450exc115 »

Lol that company brings back memories. I dated a quality engineer from there just after college and they just did timing chain and gears for automotive manufacturers.
Tom A.
SRCR President
Vintage Series Racer
1977 MX3, 1977 RM 175, 1980 CR250R, 1981 PE250, 1986 YZ250, 1988 Cagiva WMX, 90 CRM250, 98 YZ250
sgthubbard60
A Class Poster
A Class Poster

Post by sgthubbard60 »

MikeDi wrote:Really, should be able to buy it in bulk. There was a company called U.S. Tsubaki in the springfield area that made chain. No clue if they are making o rings but I sold them metal many years ago. they made a lot of industrial chain like for fork lifts and conveyors so maybe they have a distributor you can contact.
XRs_Mostly wrote:Does anyone here buy things like chains or oil in bulk? I have about 4 bikes that should all get new chains over the winter, all taking the same size, I just feel like 520 o-ring chain is something I should be able to get a 100 foot roll of and be set for a few years.
They are still there. Might be worth a call.
Dekon
C Class Poster
C Class Poster

Post by Dekon »

Richard
At some point in life, everyone has gambled on a fart and lost.
Bmrev01
A Class Poster
A Class Poster

Post by Bmrev01 »

I worked there for 4-5 years back in the day. I don't think they sell to the public but can be purchased online. The company split locations years ago Holyoke Ma for roller chains and Chicopee for timing chains systems.
Great quality....