Board index All Things Vintage Rear shocks

Rear shocks

A place to relive, revive, and ride that "old iron".

Post Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:23 pm

So if I wanted to spend some bucks on new "vintage" rear shocks for my VMx project, what's the best bang for the buck? RaceTech, Noleens, Worx.....etc? :dunno

Post Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:26 pm

Andy you can't go wrong with race tech, noleen or ohlins. Those are the top of the list and all very good. Worx are decent but they don't cost much less than the Noleen or race tech which I would choose over the worx.

There is YSS in europe that is suppose to be a good shock for the price point.

Sooo what are you working on.. :)
Tom A.
SRCR President
Vintage Series Racer
1977 MX3, 1977 RM 175, 1980 CR250R, 1981 PE250, 1988 Cagiva WMX, 90 CRM250, 98 YZ250

Post Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:55 am

450exc115 wrote:
Andy you can't go wrong with race tech, noleen or ohlins. Those are the top of the list and all very good. Worx are decent but they don't cost much less than the Noleen or race tech which I would choose over the worx.

There is YSS in europe that is suppose to be a good shock for the price point.

Sooo what are you working on.. :)

Agree with what Tom said, Worx makes good shocks but Noleen, Ohlins, RaceTech are a cut above if you have the $.
PSTR Vice President
NETRA Board Member
Vintage Junkie
"Look for me in the results, immediately above the DNF's"

Post Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:16 am

Yeah that's kind of where I was leaning if I want to spend that kind coin. Hoping to find time to start and complete a '74 250 Pursang to keep my PV Mx Pursang company.....Still plan to run the "Alpina" in some HS this year, as many as I can and hoping for no cancellations!
Thanks Tom and Chris... :thumbsup:

Post Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:42 am
RM
B Class Poster

Andy, Best bang for the buck in rear suspension on a early true vintage bike is to just get on the pegs and stand up. :thumbsup: Hope to see you out there, again.

Post Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:43 pm

If you feel like revalving and re-springing a set, then look at Arctic Cat SnoPro 440 front shocks and the like. I've got a set of FOX shocks on Sherry's KLX250. But still need to tune tune tune.
Valves are STILL for toilets!

Return to All Things Vintage