Board index All Things Vintage Hard Knox Vintage Scramble Saturday OCT 17th!!

Hard Knox Vintage Scramble Saturday OCT 17th!!

A place to relive, revive, and ride that "old iron".

Also, for anyone with kids, have em bring a costume for socially distanced, no contact trick or treating Saturday night. With the high likely hood of your towns shafting kids out of trick or treating this year this will be a great opportunity for them to get the Halloween they deserve. Parents and campers can put candy out in front of their campers on a table for kids to help themselves to.

sgthubbard60 wrote:
Also, for anyone with kids, have em bring a costume for socially distanced, no contact trick or treating Saturday night. With the high likely hood of your towns shafting kids out of trick or treating this year this will be a great opportunity for them to get the Halloween they deserve. Parents and campers can put candy out in front of their campers on a table for kids to help themselves to.

i might show up just for the free candy

I’m coming for the movie night.

Here is the sign up form from Dave D.

Knox Trail Riders vintage form.docx
(49.37 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
Tom A.
SRCR President
Vintage Series Racer
1977 MX3, 1977 RM 175, 1980 CR250R, 1981 PE250, 1988 Cagiva WMX, 90 CRM250, 98 YZ250

Thanks Tom. We will be doing some final arrows and ribbons this week. The course will be in great shape for the Vintage and Sundays events. We will have 95% fresh course for Saturday vintage and Sundays course. Paul created his own course for Saturday so the only portion we are both using is the start and the Moto track.
Dave

A few of the vintage regulars and myself will be pitching in and getting some food to grill up for the vintage racers after the race is over so be sure to stop by my camper after the race. :beer I will also be playing Winners Take All on the TV outside the camper Saturday night for anyone that wants pull up a chair and watch some seriously legit cinema :biggrin

Also, don’t forget to have your kids bring a costume to do some pit trick or treating, this is a perfect way for the off road community to step up and see to it that our kids don’t get screwed out of being kids any more than they already are this year. So bring some candy to set out on a table or whatever too. :thumbsup:

Let’s go racing!!! :letsgo

BT
C Class Poster

The flyer says $10 per person. Should that be $10 per vehicle which is the usual parking donation or are you charging for spectators? BT

BT wrote:
The flyer says $10 per person. Should that be $10 per vehicle which is the usual parking donation or are you charging for spectators? BT

Yes, $10 per person. Every penny of the gate fees goes to the land owner.

At least it won't be dusty.... :rofl

Who's in? I'm bringing a newb for pre-modern.
Valves are STILL for toilets!

I can only ride if it’s not dusty, or muddy.....or too hot, or cold :rofl

No where near as much rain has fallen compared to what was forecasted earlier this week. It’s been so dry the ground has soaked it all up. I think by 4 pm with the sun shining all day tomorrow it’s going to be pretty much perfect. :letsgo

Nice - I’m in :)
Steve

MVTR

I’m here already as well as the Seymour’s, let’s go racing!! :letsgo

With the wind and sun this course it tacking right up and looking sweeeet!!!! :letsgo Get here!

Are you sure it’s not too windy? :shock

not too sunny not too shady hahahahaha

A big thank you goes out to BIG Dave and the club as well as the land owners for a great event today. Nice loop and way better conditions than the 1.5 inches of rain the night before would make you think.
Also thanks to our VINTAGE crew that supplied the fixings for a great post race (and season) BBQ! Awesome to see everyone and here's hoping it can continue next Spring. :beer

Race of the year (lol), but seriously, even had we had a full 12 round series this woulda been right in the hunt for race of the year! It will take me 5 min to clean my XR. Hard to believe after having to be towed into the track with a skid steer last night! HUGE THANK YOU to Dave Dussault, the Knox crew, Paul Goyette and his crew and especially the land owner for making this happen! Getting it done by thinking outside the box and not just throwing the towel in as many have wanted the clubs to do this year! Thank you all! And thank you all who stuck around and let Bill, Chris and I cook for you, wish you all could have stayed! Let’s do this again next year! Like 12 times! :biggrin :biggrin

Huge thanks to all that were involved with making this race happen!
I crashed hard on lap 4 and got partially run over by an XR. GO GO GO I'm ok! Haha, I tried waving him on with my good arm and hope whoever it was didn't lose much time. All in all it was a great race. I almost gave up but completing that lap got my arm moving again and Dave at the checkpoint cheering everyone on was all I needed. Thanks again Dave!

I had an absolute blast ! Even with the CR running like crap I had a few fun battles with the guys - and then I ran out of gas ! But that’s racing - looking forward to next year (I sure hope there’s a next year)
Steve

MVTR

Yeah Steve, that thing sounded a little rich on the starting line. Wouldn't clean out at all. But at least it looked awesome!

Yeah - but it handled like a dream out there ! Very stable in the nasty stuff, I was pleased it handled as well as it did. Planning to get an airstriker for it and start the jetting process over again.

T-Dub13 wrote:
Yeah Steve, that thing sounded a little rich on the starting line. Wouldn't clean out at all. But at least it looked awesome!
Steve

MVTR

Great riding with you all, extra thanks to Dave, Poacher, the Knox club, and landowner for making it happen. Movie night was awesome! Great hanging out with you all! Can’t wait for next year. :beer

Best weekend I’ve had all year. Can’t wait to start back up next year! Thanks Dave, Knox, and the property owners!

ENJOY LIBBYS PHOTOS!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 726&type=3

PreviousNext

Return to All Things Vintage