Board index All Things Vintage Season opener countdown!

Season opener countdown!

A place to relive, revive, and ride that "old iron".

Post Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:30 am

Greg Sr wrote:
Please let me know what is the current tentative opening round of vintage chaos / getting mentally prepared for my last place finish.

2021 schedule (if there is one) won’t be released til December

Post Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:37 pm

TriState had our meeting this week. We are still planning on Indian Ridge. Club is going through the extra paperwork, far as we’ve heard from the comp committee the insurance requires us to get something signed by the town to hold a gathering. I know clubs definitely don’t want the extra hassle with that and we also don’t necessarily like informing the town. Also giving in to the over stepping requirements might set us up for this extra bs in perpetuity. Nonetheless :letsgo

Post Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:46 am
BT
C Class Poster

cw 60.jpg
Could it really be true? Only 60 days to Blue Slope????

P.S. Hey Nate, check your PM inbox. BT

Post Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:51 am

started training today. Only one donut instead of two. (its a start)

Post Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:09 am

One week to go for the Blue Slope! Weather forecast is looking primo...
PSTR Vice President
NETRA Board Member
Vintage Junkie
"Look for me in the results, immediately above the DNF's"

Post Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:46 am

Have fun everyone. I'll be missing this one (and likely more)

None of this interests me. If no one stands up and says no this will go on indefinitely. I'd love to ride but NOT with this crap as conditional. I'll go ride where I don't have to play Simon Says.

"This page will contain useful information for the 2021 season. We are striving for low touch and low human interaction. The more things you can do to achieve those goals, the safer we all will be.

Wear a mask, keep your distance, obey signage, and use the provided hand sanitizer.
One rider and one masked mechanic in the starting area.
One socially distanced and masked mechanic in the pits.
Don’t give the club a hard time. We all need to follow the rules to stay safe.
If you feel sick, please stay home!
If you can’t wear a mask, please stay home.

Do as much as you can online!"

I do feel sick, sick of all the BS. :omg:

Post Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:31 pm

You’re right. If we don’t race, these regulations will go away because there won’t be races to regulate.

Post Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:23 pm

oldschool wrote:
Have fun everyone. I'll be missing this one (and likely more)
Don,t let the screen door hit you on the way out!

Post Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:52 pm

It’s against my religion to cover my face
I know this because I am my own religion.
And knowing NETRA would never discriminate (I know this because “I am NETRA”), I feel confident that I won’t be challenged by Mask Police.
I have no issues with social distancing because I dislike crowds and people in general.
Should be a good time.
Looking forward to it.

:pop

Post Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:00 am

oldschool wrote:
I do feel sick, sick of all the BS. :omg

Not the clubs fault for trying not to get shut down and I'm sick of the bitching at this point almost more than I'm sick of the bs.

I also wont be there but hope to make the next one.

Post Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:21 am

Bill if you plan to miss this to boycott the government then your going to miss a real fun one because of something beyond the control of the club and NETRA.
Tom A.
SRCR President
Vintage Series Racer
1977 MX3, 1977 RM 175, 1980 CR250R, 1981 PE250, 1988 Cagiva WMX, 90 CRM250, 98 YZ250

Post Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:25 pm

It's not 'safe' now but miraculously will be as of May 1st.

"Gov. Ned Lamont announced that all restrictions for Connecticut businesses will be phased out by May 19.
The governor said all outdoor restrictions will be lifted starting May 1. Restaurants will be allowed to serve alcohol without food and there will no longer be a table size limit."

Post Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:03 pm

I’ll be there as long as there’s no mud. I don’t have time to wash bikes all day Sunday. And I’m haunted by Blue Slop.
Attachments
E7B36D0B-4980-41D1-A72F-2D9D4A94AA90.jpeg

Post Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:47 pm

450exc115 wrote:
Bill if you plan to miss this to boycott the government then your going to miss a real fun one because of something beyond the control of the club and NETRA.

Tom makes a good point.
The Government doesn’t give a crap if you ride your dirt bike or not.
So do what you like cuz in the end you’re the only one who cares what you do.
And you know they have all these rules just so they can say they have rules. Not supposed to have any beer either but that hasn’t stopped me. And if I’m drinking a beer I can’t be wearing my mask. It’s just common sense. At least that’s what I tell them at work.

Post Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:21 pm

You and Bill work with this guy? ;)
Attachments
5E9380C0-894D-441D-86E2-F992A00E0CD8.jpeg

Previous

Return to All Things Vintage