Board index All Things Vintage Looking for a vintage race bike

Looking for a vintage race bike

A place to relive, revive, and ride that "old iron".

Post Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:57 am

Posts: 386
Attachments
ZUK5.jpg
ZUK5.jpg (67.27 KiB) Viewed 1209 times

Post Tue May 04, 2021 5:55 pm

Posts: 890
1974 DT360 (some assembly required)
I've run out of room and time. Basically 2 bikes, some MX360 parts and other neat stuff.
Contact me if interested. "get it out of my barn" pricing :shades:
DT360 1.jpg

Spare motor, cylinders, MX head and much more.
DT360 2.jpg
Valves are STILL for toilets!

Post Fri May 07, 2021 6:52 am

Posts: 368
Sold
Last edited by hub98 on Wed May 19, 2021 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mister cellophane

Post Fri May 07, 2021 10:43 am

Posts: 1515
hub98 wrote:
1992 KTM 250EXC.

All done over. Motor, seals, bearings, forks, shock, brake fluid, chain + sprockets, muffler packing, grips, bars, etc...
Has a skid plate, disc guard and pipe guard. Ready to go. $2300
Thanks


But..... it’s got your name all over it

Post Fri May 07, 2021 11:09 am

Posts: 368
I know. May need to keep it. How about it comes with everything you see but the stickers? Lol :thumbsup:
mister cellophane

Post Fri May 07, 2021 11:57 am

Posts: 386
Attachments
xr250.jpg
xr250.jpg (72.21 KiB) Viewed 1062 times

Post Fri May 07, 2021 2:42 pm

Posts: 890
"Hard to Find DG Exhaust" Umm, yeah, because it's a Supertrapp and he couldn't find the discs and cap. :rofl
Valves are STILL for toilets!

Post Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:02 am

Posts: 890
1974 MT250. $300. Boyleston, ma. CL
Screenshot_20210616-090017_Chrome.jpg
Valves are STILL for toilets!

Post Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:59 pm

Posts: 1302
Location: Amherst, NH
Super deal for a killer big bore. I can’t see this lasting long at $2800

https://nh.craigslist.org/mcy/d/rochest ... 96706.html

Image
Steve

MVTR

Post Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:16 pm

Posts: 1302
Location: Amherst, NH
So there’s a small antique shop not far from me that recently opened up, and I saw this morning the owner has a ‘75 Hercules 250 for sale. I scoped it out, looks like an older restoration, clean, but the tires are shot. The owners name is David, his number is: 6034384517

He’s looking to get a pretty penny for it, asking $6000
Attachments
381AEB56-3494-432C-BF5C-A0D7E629538A.jpeg
Steve

MVTR

Post Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:18 pm

Posts: 1302
Location: Amherst, NH
FYI if you’re interested ping me - I took more photos. I also noticed it has a Lectron carb.
Attachments
48F63321-B836-486C-AD75-FFF4ED1EF08F.jpeg
Steve

MVTR

Post Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:46 pm

Posts: 424
sjsst41 wrote:
So there’s a small antique shop not far from me that recently opened up, and I saw this morning the owner has a ‘75 Hercules 250 for sale. I scoped it out, looks like an older restoration, clean, but the tires are shot. The owners name is David, his number is: 6034384517

He’s looking to get a pretty penny for it, asking $6000


That's about $2k more than its worth...one sold a year ago on the Hercules FB page for $4500 that was museum-quality, I bought one just as nice as this one last June for $3500 in New Hampshire. But let the market decide....
PSTR Vice President
NETRA Board Member
Vintage Junkie
"Look for me in the results, immediately above the DNF's"

Post Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:29 pm

Posts: 1302
Location: Amherst, NH
Good to know Chris - thanks for the info. Prices are still very strange right now, I expect a correction at some point, I just wish I knew when :)
Steve

MVTR

Post Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:50 pm

Posts: 1230
sjsst41 wrote:
Good to know Chris - thanks for the info. Prices are still very strange right now, I expect a correction at some point, I just wish I knew when :)


I'm starting to see some correction in the market and I think you'll see values tank next year when things are nearly fully open. I can't wait to see bikes with little hours come up for sale as they jumped on the outdoor activity bandwagon and realized they weren't that interest. I know will add some new riders but I guessing it won't be a large percentage.
Tom A.
SRCR President
Vintage Series Racer
1977 MX3, 1977 RM 175, 1980 CR250R, 1981 PE250, 1988 Cagiva WMX, 90 CRM250, 98 YZ250

Post Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:06 am

Posts: 28
Tom, I think your right about the newbees. At Martin's last week we had 421 riders over the two days.Pre-pandemic would have been about 300.I did tech.insp. and saw many shinny new bikes with new boots and riding gear.I told them that they won't look like that in a couple hours.(we had over six inches of rain in the three days prior).I talked to some of them after the race and most said they had a blast. Hoping some of them will stick around.

Post Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:49 am

Posts: 1230
Indaway wrote:
Tom, I think your right about the newbees. At Martin's last week we had 421 riders over the two days.Pre-pandemic would have been about 300.I did tech.insp. and saw many shinny new bikes with new boots and riding gear.I told them that they won't look like that in a couple hours.(we had over six inches of rain in the three days prior).I talked to some of them after the race and most said they had a blast. Hoping some of them will stick around.



That's great! The C-class has definitely been huge which has been great for turnouts at events. We had 560ish at Blue Slope and the C class filled out starting area and it was 150 feet wide!

I think newer bikes will remain strong, it's the vintage bikes that folks scooped up to ride around in the yards and fields as that is all the was left after the dealers were cleaned out. I think they'll find other things to do and then move them on for short cash. It's just a theory but I hope so. lol
Tom A.
SRCR President
Vintage Series Racer
1977 MX3, 1977 RM 175, 1980 CR250R, 1981 PE250, 1988 Cagiva WMX, 90 CRM250, 98 YZ250

Post Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:56 am
jsc
C Class Poster

Posts: 171
:thumbsup: in 2015 - 2016 C super senior only had a few riders at most. sometimes only one.


Post Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:46 am

Posts: 890
Upgrade? Hmm, I like it! :beer

Also like how he tethered the exhaust plug to the kicker. :omg:
Valves are STILL for toilets!

Post Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:24 am
jsc
C Class Poster

Posts: 171
T-Dub13 wrote:
Upgrade? Hmm, I like it! :beer

Also like how he tethered the exhaust plug to the kicker. :omg:


Ha, I kind of like it. Cant tell you how many times I start my bike and it instantly dies, then I Kick and Kick until I realize or my son walks over laughing and pulls the plug. then I start thinking is there a rag in the air box as well? just one more thing to not have to think about.

Previous

Return to All Things Vintage

cron