Board index All Things Vintage Round 12 Hoot Owl vintage scramble Oct 12th

Round 12 Hoot Owl vintage scramble Oct 12th

A place to relive, revive, and ride that "old iron".

Well this is it, the final round for the season! This year the Hoot Owls will be hooking us up with a brand new course that the club just cut. Only bikes that will have been around it prior to us are the club workers that built it! As usual Angela and Cora will be spending days slaving in the kitchen making homemade apple pie and apple crisp for you all to enjoy after the race. :thumbsup: Speaking of food, don’t forget to plan on joining us for dinner after the pies are gone, follow the other thread “Final event dinner” for details on that. I believe a handful of year end awards will be decided at this race so don’t miss it! :letsgo
Attachments
275F3CE7-233A-4C93-B945-774A3FA6005B.jpeg

Preview?

can't believe the last race is coming up. quick season for sure.
need to extend through December :biggrin

Looking like our final round is gonna get some perfectly timed dust control sessions followed up some amazing race day weather! All the more reason not to miss this one!
Attachments
75CAF4A6-A5FD-4A91-ACAC-D4E66626C10A.png

Looking forward to actually riding in cooler weather for once. Being about 1hr away is always nice too!

Mostly looking forward to the post race treats and working hard to join the crew for dinner also! :beer

Seems like the season just started and here we are at the end. :bleep:
Tom A.
SRCR President
Vintage Series Racer
1974 MT250, 1977 MX3, 1977 RM/TS 175, 1980 CR250R, 1981 YZ465, 90 RM125, 90 CRM250

Three more fun rides still on the schedule. Be sure to hit those up!

Webmaster wrote:
Three more fun rides still on the schedule. Be sure to hit those up!

Two of them are on my radar!

Preview is in the events page...I think I saw a rock. :shock Looks nice!

I'm out for this one.. see you all next May.
(only 7 months to go)
:thumbsup:

Okay, dinner reservations are all set at “The Tavern on Main” just 4 miles straight north of the race. Reservations are for 5:30 so we should have ample time to get there. :beer
http://www.tavernonmainri.com/

I'm in. Got the KX all "dialed in", and have my fingers crossed it sucks less than it did last time. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to that apple crisp !!
Steve

MVTR

Hopefully the YZ200 is dialed a little better this time around. Looking forward to seeing everyone and the apple crisp too!
Valves are STILL for toilets!

Seems the dust control session button is stuck and not releasing at the moment, don’t worry our tech department is on it and getting it worked it out. Besides, I don’t think the heavy stuff is coming down for a while. We started the season in the mud then had 10 pretty perfect condition rounds so we may as well finish the way we started! Let’s go racing!!!!!! :letsgo
Attachments
76BA44D8-FDDB-4654-9B68-F5505B88FE32.jpeg

So what is the trail boss reporting for 'moisture factor'? Gore-tex socks or mask and snorkel :biggrin

I haven’t spoken to the trailboss but I have heard from a few friends from that area the rain received was light and intermittent. It also appears to be done now as well so let’s go racing!!!! :letsgo

Preview video was posted. It looks dry. What’s the problem?

ECL
C Class Poster

I read on the Netra FB page that the venue has considerable sand base which should help a lot.

It has not rained since Thurs midmorning. Windy and drying off the top. The ground a few inches down is damp but not wet. There was never a trail so it absorbs well. Basically perfect ripping conditions!!!

We didn't get much rain over the past few days and I'm 25 miles due west. I'm sure it will be great and I can't wait.... Less that 24hrs to go!
Tom A.
SRCR President
Vintage Series Racer
1974 MT250, 1977 MX3, 1977 RM/TS 175, 1980 CR250R, 1981 YZ465, 90 RM125, 90 CRM250

Nothing like getting ready at the last minute..with a head cold. Still psyched to ride with the gang.

RM
B Class Poster

A good old fashion tough New England style hare scramble today to finish out the series. Thanks to the landowner and club/workers. Thanks to Nate for the apple pie. Looked like a good turn out too.

That was fun! Great to see everyone. Trails were challenging, bike ran great. Big thanks to the hosts, trail bosses and the hoot owls!

Thanks to the Hoots and landowners. It was definitely challenging on the old bike but still had a blast getting out there again. It was a fun course. :beer Nice to see the vintage crew again.
mister cellophane

Excellent job by the Hoot Owls, for a brand new venue with a brand new loop that was great! Certainly challenging but still fun. And as for the conditions, man that dirt was perfect! Literally do not even have to wash my bike! Crazy fun battle in EVO with Marc, Phil, Dan, Tom and myself separated by seconds almost the entire race with Tom besting us all! Huge thanks to the land owner, Kenny Law and the rest of the Hoot Owls and the 39 racers that made it out there! :beer

jsc
C Class Poster

wow what a blast, THX Hoot Owls. finally got the IT 200 sorted, stator issue at wood chopper kept me out.
had a top three start but didnt protect the inside as we entered the woods and got punted into the pile of brush, as i watched :pop everyone on my line go buy. Oh yeah, i finally got to experience the Yama-Hop. Me no likey. cant wait until next year.
Jeff

Next

Return to All Things Vintage