Board index Events Snow Run Enduro - January 31, 2021

Snow Run Enduro - January 31, 2021

Hare scrambles, Enduros, Turkey Runs, Oh my!

Post Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:37 pm

Post Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:37 pm

The latest information will be available here:

https://www.netra.org/2021-snow-run-enduro-information/

Post Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:36 am

Hey NETRA & CT Ramblers, fantastic that there is a method to have events and stay safe at the same time!

Questions are Snow Run approx mileage, gas stop provision(s), camping at start location?

Route sheet available to download....

Many thx, John D.

Post Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:47 pm

:dunno
Last edited by Ktmhans on Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:02 pm

UPDATE::::: SOLD OUT!!

Here's my post again.

The CT Ramblers Thank you for all the support! As the ad says 150 cap. Pre entry only. I will disable the pre-entry when its full.

I wanted to post this to give a little info of how the online entry worked. Mototally assigns you a row number based on your time entered, as close to your preferred row # if you entered one. Entering a preferred row alone doesn't guaranty your row. The system will get you as close as possible forward or back. The only way you could stay with someone on the same row was to enter them in together, and pay with the same paypal. Those that paid together, ride together. AA ride between 5-15

Please Check your Class

A,B,C light = A,B,C 0-250cc
*** heavy = *** 251cc+

Please make sure your NETRA membership is up to date as well

If you entered you will receive an email over the next couple weeks. It will be waiver links.

The Saturday before the event the CT Ramblers will email you the route sheet and a parking lot map as well as some covid safety information. This event is 100% outdoors and masks are required as well as social distancing guidelines. No camping.

We are pretty excited about this! Maybe enduro's can make a comeback with a little tweaking.

http://www.moto-tally.com/netra/enduro/StartingGrid.aspx?EY=2021&EID=1

Thank You for supporting the CT Ramblers and the 67th Snow Run Enduro.

Post Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:41 am

How are their C Riders and "Sportsman" riders starting ahead of the AA/A/B riders? Doesn't the rule book state that the C Riders (And short course riders) are to be drawn afterwards? Especially with an event that is all Pre Entries...

Post Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:57 am

bzrperfspec77 wrote:
How are their C Riders and "Sportsman" riders starting ahead of the AA/A/B riders? Doesn't the rule book state that the C Riders (And short course riders) are to be drawn afterwards? Especially with an event that is all Pre Entries...

Club asked for a waiver of the rules.

Post Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:25 am

BigRed460 wrote:
bzrperfspec77 wrote:

Thanks Mark. Why have a rulebook then? I'm starting to feel like Bobler and Danny Joseph... Old and crotchety haha

Post Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:30 pm
Dan User avatar

B Class Poster

bzrperfspec77 wrote:
BigRed460 wrote:
bzrperfspec77 wrote:

Thanks Mark. Why have a rulebook then? I'm starting to feel like Bobler and Danny Joseph... Old and crotchety haha

That would be Mr. Joseph to you

Post Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:29 pm

Dan wrote:
bzrperfspec77 wrote:

[/quote]

:rofl
I wanted a rich uncle, but I got an Uncle Rich.

Post Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:14 pm

Rocketman wrote:
Dan wrote:
bzrperfspec77 wrote:

:rofl[/quote]
Old Mr. Joseph_corrected that!

Post Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:27 am

Me and my son pre entered. Im guessing there will be secret checks? If so I better start schooling him!

Post Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:24 pm

Anyone know if spectators will be allowed?

Post Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:01 pm

BigRed460 wrote:
bzrperfspec77 wrote:

Was the starting order the only rule that was asked to be waved? Or are there other rules that will not apply?

Post Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:02 pm

bzrperfspec77 wrote:
BigRed460 wrote:
bzrperfspec77 wrote:

Was the starting order the only rule that was asked to be waved? Or are there other rules that will not apply?

If so I hope one of them is an allowance for more or all knowns to accommodate the Jr's

Post Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:49 pm

bzrperfspec77 wrote:
BigRed460 wrote:
bzrperfspec77 wrote:

The only rule waiver that was voted on was the starting numbers change.
PSTR Vice President
NETRA Board Member
Vintage Junkie
"Look for me in the results, immediately above the DNF's"

Post Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:18 pm

Just curious, because it happens more often than not, "IF" the event needs to be moved because of the weather issues what might the proposed date be...many thanx for all you do!

Post Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:30 pm

My memory tells me that the Snow Run was either the most fun, or the toughest most grueling event on the enduro schedule.

I have several vivid memories of leg cramps that went all the way up to my ears from legging through 20" ruts.
I also remember riding the whole event without nearly hitting a single bump because the trails were all frozen solid and the rocks were covered.

What a great event. to all who entered this year go for it and have a good ride
I wanted a rich uncle, but I got an Uncle Rich.

Post Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:19 pm

Since it is it sold out is there a waiting list that we can get on?

Post Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:28 pm

ADKrider wrote:
Since it is it sold out is there a waiting list that we can get on?

I saw on Facebook that the Trailboss has a list, but I don't know how you can get on it?

Post Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:42 pm

I'll try to answer a couple of the questions posted.

We asked that riders are able to choose there own rider numbers.
That is how the starting grid was determined. Great thing about mototally is there's no cheating, favoritism, side action going on. I you choose a number, you get it or the closest available. Because it was a pre entry, I could reserve the AA rows from 5-15A. IF a rider didn't put in a row request. I just put them in the first available. With the exception of C riders and Sportsman class. That I held back a bit. The C riders and Sportsman class rides in the early rows requested them so they got the closest open assignment. Keep in mind the Sportsman class has been in the rules for years.

I am blown away that we sold out in less then 24 hrs. Yes, its closed course. but it was a closed course Enduro 2 years ago and we had 79 riders. Sorry for those that missed out. I would think anyone who wanted to be on a waiting list contacted the trail boss long ago. His email and phone number where on the ad. Those that are one the waiting list will have communication from the trail boss for procedure if we have a no show.

The Plan is to email every pre entered rider a route sheet and map on Saturday so you can get your setup all dialed or your can look at it and wonder what the heck you signed up for. ITs our goal to use this Snow Run to educate the new riders to the sport, Talk to them what resets, speed changes, known controls, gas stops, E check's, if there early or late and why. If we can retain 10% of the new riders I will be excited. Everyone in NETRA should be excited for the this. IF your an enduro guy and not riding this even. If you could come and give back to the sport. Reach out to me ahead of time. Ill try to check back here.

This is a enduro, Great Single track, speed changes, resets, gas, gas avail, Brand X rules. Secret and Emergency Checks the cards are not facing the riders as normal. Sportsman class, JR Sportsman and Supermini Sportsman the riders can ride threw the check, or stop in front of it and be Educated by a club member or check crew and WILL not be burned! Everyone else can get educated after they enter the check and get out of the way.

There will be no "Sign up" at the event. No need. Netra member ships have already been verified. waivers will be collected at entry, row assignment will happen at entry. tech inspection is on the way to start control.

"The Snow run can be the most fun or brutally challenging" lol I couldn't agree more. As far as canceling, CT Ramblers intentions are only to call it, if the ground conditions are going to put us in jeopardy with our landowners. a Spring thaw with rain is our worst scenario! I Hope for a fun 6"-12" Snow RUN @ 28 degrees!

We are emailing out waivers tonight to everyone on paypal list that signed up. If you signed up with 2 or 3 riders only the rider that paid the paypal will receive the email.

Thanks everyone, your support has been overwhelming!

Post Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:11 pm

Good luck, Hans. Hoping that everything works out well for you guys.
NETRA BoD

You are NETRA!

Post Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:51 pm

Tony wrote:

might you be available as an educator :twothumbs:

Post Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:33 pm

Ktmhans wrote:
Tony wrote:

I won't know until right before the event. Tough time to be a school superintendent right now. If I can make it, I'll help.
NETRA BoD

You are NETRA!

Post Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:12 pm

Ktmhans wrote:
Tony wrote:

I have Gasper reserved as my private coach.

Next

Return to Events