Board index Events New Info - Seacoast TR Moose Run - PLEASE READ

New Info - Seacoast TR Moose Run - PLEASE READ

Hare scrambles, Enduros, Turkey Runs, Oh my!

All, the email below will be going out to all who have signed up. I'm posting here to start getting the message out ASAP. More details to follow

Riders –

Because of circumstances way beyond our control, the Seacoast Trail Riders are going to have to make some changes to our Turkey Run plans for 2020.

1) Natures Wilderness Campground will no long be able to host our event. Please call the campground directly, tell them you were coming for the turkey run, and request a refund. If you want to get a hotel for Saturday night, there is plenty of lodging in the South Portland area near the Maine Mall that that is about 30 miles from the start and a Microtel in Windham, Maine.

2) Our planned two day event will now be a one day scheduled for Sunday, October 11th. The course will be all new trail from past events and will be close to 100 miles.

3) If you have signed up for the Saturday event, you will be receiving a refund for your entry fee via pay pal

4) We will be re opening the pre entry for Sunday’s ride with a new rider limit. If you have friends that are looking to join you and missed out the first time, please tell them about this and get them to sign up via the new paypal link

https://paypal.me/pools/c/8t3p5I3x73

If you have already signed up for Sunday, you are all set.

5) Because of the 100 person gathering limit still in effect in the State of Maine, the start will be staged from two different areas. To avoid confusion, you will be receiving an email before the event with instructions as to where your parking has been assigned and directions to the start. Sorry if you are not staged with your buddies, but we cannot accommodate changes. You can meet up with them at the start. There will be no camping available at the start,.

6) SCTR will be providing lunch to all riders on Sunday’s ride.

We sincerely apologize for the changes this late in the game, but there are forces working we cannot control and we have exhausted all other options. Appreciate your understanding and look forward to seeing you all on the trails. If there are any other questions, please contact Trailboss Tim Gossom.

As a minor clarification,

My point about being assigned a starting area is not a 100% hard and fast rule.

If you are riding together in one vehicle, then obviously you will be at the same starting area. What I'm trying to avoid is the endless stream of requests from folks trying to reshuffle the deck chairs. With the gathering restrictions issued by the state, we need to keep numbers at each location to 100 or less and just don't have the time at this point to accommodate special requests.

thank you for your understanding.

Can the trailboss please send me a new flyer?

Done -

Please check your email.

Subgenius wrote:
Done -

Please check your email.

Updated. Thanks!

All

Trailboss Tim deserves a shout out for the tremendous amount of effort he has put into pulling this event together, despite the roadblocks that have been presented. If you see him on Sunday, give him a Bud Light :beer and some Doritos or at least a pat on the back.

Looking forward to seeing all of you on the 11th!
Last edited by Subgenius on Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Also, below is the current paypal link so you don't have to type it into your browser.

https://paypal.me/pools/c/8t3p5I3x73

What is the proximity of the start to Nature’s campground? I’m considering still staying there but for one night only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Undercover Poe wrote:
What is the proximity of the start to Nature’s campground? I’m considering still staying there but for one night only.

Only a few miles. I really don't know the status of the facility at this point, but all you can do is call and deal with them directly.

If you don't get a positive response, you can try Acres of Wildlife in Standish and see if they have open spots. Other than that, there is a Microtel in Windham, ME and some decent hotels/restaurants near the Maine Mall in South Portland that will get you within 25mi or so of the start

crap while i'm out as i was signed up for saturday only..
the campground already called and told me the news about the reservations..
enjoy sunday
2020 sucks

About 15-20 Pathfinders were signed up for the two days. We have 3 AirBnb's for the weekend.

Got any ideas for some cool stuff to do on Saturday? Mountain bike trails, private riding areas, breweries, guns, axe throwing, good food?

:beer
NETRA BoD | President of Pathfinders Motorcycle Club

If you are near the start, Krista's restaurant in Cornish is great - reservations are recommended.
https://www.kristasrestaurant.com/

Fairgrounds Tavern in Cornish is supposed to be decent if are looking more for pub food (never eaten there)
https://www.fairgroundssportsbar.com/

Also, the Outpost in Standish
https://36mmdkgs9kjxdl06.vistaprintdigital.com/

You are not too far from Portland - lots of good breweries there. Lone Pine, Austin Street, Oxbow, Rising Tide, Allagash, Bissell Bros, Mast Landing. Stay away from Shityard though - there are better beer (and food) choices.

Downtown Portland (Old Port and Waterfront) has plenty of bars and restaurants

Mountain Bike Trails: Gorham Trails behind Moody's Collision are excellent

https://www.trailforks.com/region/gorham/?activitytype=1&z=12.3&lat=43.68017&lon=-70.42502
https://www.singletracks.com/bike-trails/bradbury-mt-state-park/

For profit MTB business in nearby Parsonsfield, but supposed to have some nice trail
https://www.bikebackcountry.com/

Guns: Windham Weaponry has a great store full of scary black rifles and a nice indoor shooting range where (I believe) you you can rent guns. Call them.
https://www.windhamweaponry.com/
https://www.windhamindoorshootingrange.com/

It's foliage season, so maybe you all can take a romantic ride up the Kancamagus?

Damn! Thanks for all the options. We're gonna pass on the leaf-peeping since I'm sure we'll see plenty on Sunday!
NETRA BoD | President of Pathfinders Motorcycle Club

Subgenius wrote:
Stay away from Shityard though - there are better beer (and food) choices.

Ouch! We've represented Shipyard from the beginning, they were one of the early pioneers in the movement, offering a quality product. They've innovated over the years and been able to survive through many challenges.
I find the Forsley family to be very gracious and engaged in their business, wonderful people in my opinion; and Alan Pugsley is world-renowned.
A lot of great beer in Maine, you named some excellent ones, the list is long, so many choices!

Now back to the subject of dirtbikes.
Any opportunity for an Adventure/dual sport ride? any GPX tracks available for the area? We are thinking of bringing up our big bikes also.

I suppose everyone has their own personal taste in beer, but I have found their quality has dropped over the years. I live about 15 minutes from their Federal Jack's facility in Kennebunk and used to be a frequent patron. The food and beer were very good. Over the past several years, the food has taken on more of a Sysco food service quality and the beer has gained odd metallic and diacetyl flavors. Haven't been back in years.

Let's not even talk about Pumpkinhead/Melonhead/Applehead......

Don't doubt Forsely is a good guy - certainly a competent businessman to be able to thrive in an increasingly crowded market. My guess is pricing pressures have forced some compromises, but that's just my opinion with no real evidence.

There are lots of other smaller breweries in Maine that are putting out great products (Barrelled Souls, Funky Bow, Banded, etc) I could also recommend, but they are probably too far out of the way for anyone staying in the Baldwin/Cornish area
Last edited by Subgenius on Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Any opportunity for an Adventure/dual sport ride? any GPX tracks available for the area? We are thinking of bringing up our big bikes also.

Sorry, missed this one.

There are plenty of dirt roads and ADV type riding around for sure, I just don't have any real guidance to give. If I were you, I'd post on the Maine forum on ADVRider and see what people are willing to share up

Subgenius wrote:

Sorry, missed this one.

There are plenty of dirt roads and ADV type riding around for sure, I just don't have any real guidance to give. If I were you, I'd post on the Maine forum on ADVRider and see what people are willing to share up

Thank you!

There are some great MTB trails in Gorham

Thanks to the TB and club for all of this effort. Looking forward to the ride.
NETRA BoD

You are NETRA!

If anyone is on the fence, I'd suggest you sign up sooner rather than later. The event is a go, trails look great, and weather will be perfect.

Thanks!

All

Signup is now closed for Sunday's turkey run. For those of you you have signed up, thank you for your patience and we will look forward to seeing you on Sunday. Please remember to bring a mask, your own pen, and review the STate of ME COVID regulations before showing up.

We will be posting more info about parking assignments and procedures ASAP

Subgenius wrote:
All

Signup is now closed for Sunday's turkey run. For those of you you have signed up, thank you for your patience and we will look forward to seeing you on Sunday. Please remember to bring a mask, your own pen, and review the STate of ME COVID regulations before showing up.

We will be posting more info about parking assignments and procedures ASAP

Will you be sending out the route sheet beforehand?

Unlikely.

Next

Return to Events