Board index Events COVID-19 and NETRA

COVID-19 and NETRA

Hare scrambles, Enduros, Turkey Runs, Oh my!

Post Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:03 pm

1 out of 100, wow! Amazing, that's almost like Biden's gun death numbers.

Post Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:32 pm

How many people died of heart attacks or overdose since say march 2020? I think chinese 19 ah covid 19 cured heart attacks.

Post Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:28 pm

00 buckshot wrote:
How many people died of heart attacks or overdose since say march 2020? I think chinese 19 ah covid 19 cured heart attacks.
I've heard this often but have not seen reliable data. Got a link? I'd like to do my own analysis.
NETRA BoD

You are NETRA!

Post Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:01 am

00 buckshot wrote:

The thing I don't understand is if someone dies of a heard attack and is positive for Covid then they are recorded as a Covid death.

At Tuesday's White House coronavirus press conference, task force member Dr. Deborah Birx said that while some countries are reporting coronavirus fatality numbers differently, in the U.S. you are counted as a victim of the pandemic if you die while testing positive for the virus, even if something else causes your death.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/04/08/dr_birx_unlike_some_countries_if_someone_dies_with_covid-19_we_are_counting_that_as_a_covid-19_death.html

Post Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:39 pm

Well let's see, if you get beat up by say a mugger and wind up in the hospital, and then because of the injurious nature of my status you then get an infection which leads to a heart attack, I think you would say the mugger killed you!
In this case Covid 19 is the mugger!

How about this, you push me and I fall to the ground and wack my head....then bleed out internally...I am fairly certain you would be arrested for killing me, even if you did not mean to.....Covid19 is as the shove to the ground!

Post Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:34 pm

The mentality with some people is if it didn't happen to me or my family its not that bad . John i'm glad you are doing better

Post Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:43 pm

That is kind of you Mr. Rodrigue.

May I also remind others that the virus is known to attack specific organs, the heart being susceptible, and therefore a direct heart infection can lead to serious issues, i.e. cardiac arrest!

Wear a mask, socially distant behavior could save your life or someone you come in contact with, loved ones, friends, strangers.

Post Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:06 am

Why did the CDC say masks don't stop infectious viruses before this?
If masks work, why are these places having spikes when they've had lock downs and mask mandate and high compliance?
https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/horowitz ... sk-mandate

Also, Sweden is doing fine at this point along with their economy.

Post Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:21 am

check1 wrote:
Why did the CDC say masks don't stop infectious viruses before this?
If masks work, why are these places having spikes when they've had lock downs and mask mandate and high compliance?
https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/horowitz ... sk-mandate

Also, Sweden is doing fine at this point along with their economy.

For me it's the power grab by some of these Governors with the lockdown and reopening plans.

Post Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:14 pm

Some more news on reporting of covid.
https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/horowitz ... ectiveness

Post Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:31 pm

check1 wrote:
Some more news on reporting of covid.
https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/horowitz ... ectiveness
I wouldn't call an op-ed "news".

So many of the "news" sources are already bought and sold by the political party that they serve. There are a bunch of charts out there like these. You can find a bunch more, I'm sure.

Both parties have their own echo chambers where they feed their fans what they want to hear. Yes, almost all of them. Notice how empty the middle of the bell-curve chart is.

I spend a lot of time looking for primary source data. It's out there if you look hard enough. But the media sources try to convince us that they've done the work for us....when really they're just peddling tripe.

ImageImage
NETRA BoD

You are NETRA!

Post Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:16 pm

There is no question that NY, MA, CT, NJ shut down the spread via masks and social distancing. Say, why do surgeons and 1st line responders WEAR masks!!!!!!!! I don't know maybe it stops the spread of GERMS......Back in the 1918 pandemic they used masks and social distancing, it is not a political concept but effing BASIC!

Sweden is not doing well! The guy that was sited said his view was PURELY anecdotal. Let me go outside and view that it is not raining and therefore conclude it is not raining anywhere else! Just like C19 is not going nuts everywhere, however people where it is not should be very cautious not to let it explode in their community by being vigilant.....testing testing testing. Why is it that South Korea was able to shut it down!!!!!!? vigilance PERIOD!

Good luck not being vigilant,....hey generally speaking don't we all exhibit a modicum of modesty in safe behavior when around others that are sick........or if we are so we don't spread whatever, oh ya thinking about safe sex, just sayin' !

Post Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:42 pm

The Blaze does some pretty thorough investigating, so I trust them and they will tell you on most of their programming to do your own research.

Medical personnel did get sick, even wearing PPE and they are is close contact with very sick patients. The chance of contracting it in an open supermarket while passing people for 5-10 seconds is pretty slim. I know someone who just tested positive a week ago after pre-screening for surgery. They have been wearing a mask to work and while out shopping and still contracted it. It's been a week with no symptoms and they have underlying conditions.

Post Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:17 pm

check1 wrote:
The Blaze does some pretty thorough investigating, so I trust them and they will tell you on most of their programming to do your own research.

Medical personnel did get sick, even wearing PPE and they are is close contact with very sick patients. The chance of contracting it in an open supermarket while passing people for 5-10 seconds is pretty slim. I know someone who just tested positive a week ago after pre-screening for surgery. They have been wearing a mask to work and while out shopping and still contracted it. It's been a week with no symptoms and they have underlying conditions.

That story was covered locally in Kansas as well. Clearly, using two different axis ranges on the same chart was to manipulate it visually.

Post Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:40 am
jsc
C Class Poster

I thought this video was Interesting to say the least.

https://www.facebook.com/SkyNewsAustral ... 5738867010

Post Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:44 am

Other reports I've read and watched say there is a ~20% spread threshold and then it tappers off. All these places that didn't see that earlier are now spiking regardless of their social distancing/ mask wearing mitigation. As an example, on the navy ship and cruise ship outbreaks, it was about 20 - 25% contracted the virus and on military bases where there was mitigation practices, it was still ~20%.

Post Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:20 am

Post Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:27 am

The Knox club is planning a Full Blown HS event weekend for October 10/17-10/18. It will be a non Netra sanctioned event but hope to see our normal group there. I will start a separate post so please add comment there as to not clog this one up.
Thanks
Dave Dussault

Previous

Return to Events