Board index Events 2019 Mudslinger Enduro - Oct 6th

2019 Mudslinger Enduro - Oct 6th

Hare scrambles, Enduros, Turkey Runs, Oh my!

Post Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:51 pm

Both,but mostly the speeding down Main St.

Post Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:04 pm

Indaway wrote:
Dan wrote:
Or for example, putting a check behind a bank on RT190 in Stafford. :shock

I was sweeping that event and was told later that many riders missed that check and at the next check in found they had missed it,so they went speeding back down Main St. Stafford on a Sunday morning to catch the check.Not cool!

Riding down that brook was classic also.

Post Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:57 pm

John Boss did a great job on his video at Rocktoberfast. Wonder if he has one at the Mudslinger?

Post Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:00 pm

Haven't looked at the video yet, still in shock that I houred out before gas. Rode another section for fun after gas. Best trails and most fun I ever had on a bike. Will definitely be back next year with a few more north Jersey guys

Post Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:40 pm

John we are glad you liked it. Probably be a whole different loop next year.. We are lucky to have great landowners to build more trails and use other existing trail.

Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:26 pm

BigRed460 wrote:
Indaway wrote:
Dan wrote:

I was sweeping that event and was told later that many riders missed that check and at the next check in found they had missed it,so they went speeding back down Main St. Stafford on a Sunday morning to catch the check.Not cool!

Riding down that brook was classic also.

:spite

Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:30 pm

Dan wrote:

That was a great spot! Only thing I didn't forsee was riders not following the arrows or route sheet and missing the check. Then being allowed to turn around and zip back threw town. Could of done without that. Or putting a 7 min reset after the Brook. We should have a rule no more then a 3-4 min reset that way newbees can't dq themselves.

Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:52 pm

https://youtu.be/-jZcEafHp1I

Dads view of the ledges

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:53 pm

https://youtu.be/udYN5xS6CfU

Part 2
Different viewpoint

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:48 pm

Videos are great! What's better than guys letting the bikes ride up the hill without the rider on it? Watching to many European videos doing the same. Rider with the yellow sleeves did pretty well. Had a few minutes from working at the covered bridge to Hell section to watch both Jim and Hans make it up on the second loop. A straight line without wheel spin was what they did. Anymore videos?

Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:24 pm

Just for clarification I did not mean to fart on anyone’s ball’s I respect all the volunteers that put on these awesome events. All I meant to say is the majority of enduros I do have some sort of tricky time keeping involved with them, I used rocktoberfast as a reference just because it was literally a week ago and for sure a race that you can take gambles in with no check ins and come out on top but not necessarily be the “fastest” rider threw that section. Which is totally cool being pretty new to time keeping I have learned that’s what enduros are all about. Another great example is the greenbrier down in New Jersey, holy smokes some of the best, fastest trails I have ever ridden, but man have I burnt some checks there! All I was trying to do was compliment BTR on one of the first time keeping enduros I have ever done where time keeping did not play a role, BTR was even like you know what, we are going to leave our checks the exact same way for the second lap! I was expecting a couple changes or tricks but nope it was just bring it on let’s see you survive these trails. Personally I thought that was awesome that’s all my initial post was meant to say.

Previous

Return to Events