Board index General Dirt Bike Jibber-Jabber Pachaug - assault and logging

Pachaug - assault and logging

Blah, Blah, Blah, dirt bikes... Yada, Yada, Yada, dirt bikes.

Post Mon May 18, 2020 5:53 pm

My group was riding Pachaug on Sunday and a guy with a chainsaw jumped out and started harassing us saying road was closed. He punched the helmet of one of the riders, and when that rider got off to confront him, the chainsaw guy grabbed a hammer....Rather than escalate I advised we ride away which we did. We should have filed a report but did not, several mountain bikers also witnessed the incident, they were harassed too.

Riding out, we did see one ribbon of blue tape across the road and what appeared to be a print out talking about harvesting, but it did not look legit and said nothing about road closure. I would think if the state was in fact closing a road they would do more than put up a plastic ribbon?

Anyone know about this, and what are the real rules?
Ride On.

Post Mon May 18, 2020 6:25 pm

There is definitely some legitimate logging happening on the loop. That doesn't excuse the logger's behavior, though. Recommend that you call the ranger station and make a report.
NETRA BoD

You are NETRA!

Post Wed May 20, 2020 1:02 pm

helmet cam would be helpful to document these interactions if they continue

Post Wed May 20, 2020 7:18 pm

Yup. State police, ranger, the company that ass works for. If the word gets out to local news, they can ask anyone who witnessed to come forward and that ass-hat will have a pile of trouble for his behavior.

Post Thu May 21, 2020 6:13 pm

Some guy assaults you and you are worried what the rules are ? THERE ARE NO ******* RULES WHEN SOMEONE HITS YOU !

Return to General Dirt Bike Jibber-Jabber