Board index General Dirt Bike Jibber-Jabber Stoked to ride in Pachaug!

Stoked to ride in Pachaug!

Blah, Blah, Blah, dirt bikes... Yada, Yada, Yada, dirt bikes.

Post Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:24 pm

Tony wrote:
Please keep up the momentum. Use this form to send a message via the AMA.

https://cqrcengage.com/amacycle/app/wri ... 0.facebook

Done!
It’s good to see the AMA involved! :thumbsup:
Member, NETRA Board of Directors
Pres., Pathfinders M/C

Post Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:34 am

Sent

Post Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:48 am

Hey folks,

Whats the snow like down there? Myself and some friends from Central/North VT were looking for a place to ride this weekend...

Post Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:32 am

There is a considerable amount of snow in the woods(12" in some areas).I would wait another week.

Post Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:27 am
Dan User avatar

B Class Poster

450mike wrote:
There is a considerable amount of snow in the woods(12" in some areas).I would wait another week.

Also with all the wet out there you'll tear up the trails and it is state forest land. Give the place time to dry out. I know it's rocky but there still is mud holes out there.

Post Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:31 am

Sunday's ride observations;
Water/mud not an issue.
No snow.
More blowdowns(some massive) than I have seen in 25 years.
Good clean up of blowdowns between Wyassup Lake and Billings Lake-Thank You whoever?!
This year's trail maintenance needs will be too big for Marco and his buddies.They will need serious help.

Post Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:31 am

Some friends of mine have been out the last couple weekends working on trail maintence. Still much more to go but getting better.

Post Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:25 pm

MikeR- Thanks to you and your buddies for your efforts. Got out for a ride Sunday-the trails need some love. Hoping to get a work party going next week. Mark

Post Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:14 pm

We need to keep fighting! This was just emailed to all CT members.

Hello CT NETRA Members

The fight to save the dual-sport loop at Pachaug is not over and the fight is not won, yet! We need to keep the pressure on and to let the legislators know that we are watching and that we vote! Please take a few minutes to visit the page linked below and type a short, polite, professional but blunt email. You will be expressing support for a CT Senate bill that will provide money for recreational trails. This is part of our fight to save Pachaug.

We have given you some suggestions but your email has A LOT MORE IMPACT if it is unique - so use your own words.

Please submit your message here:
http://www.netra.org/ask-ct-senators-to-support-sb-424/ 

Your message will be sent to all CT Senators.

Thanks for being politically active - the future of the sport depends on it!

Tony Gasper
NETRA President
NETRA BoD

You are NETRA!

Post Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:00 pm

just emailed my former State Sen. and asked him to support. I mentioned that I visit Pachaug when I vacation in CT
I wanted a rich uncle, but I got an Uncle Rich.

Post Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:36 am

As the online form and my email suggest, using your own words is much more powerful. Politicos can smell a form letter from a mile away. But, if you're interested, here's my letter:

Good morning, Senator:

My name is Dr. Tony Gasper and I am the president of the New England Trail Rider Association; representing 3,100 off-road motorcyclists, 1,100 of which reside in Connecticut.

I'm writing to express my strong support for SB-424 - An Act Designating Certain Parcels of Land in Griswold for Inclusion in Pachaug State Forest. Recently, the DEEP released its most up-to-date SCORP plan. This plan clearly outlines the state's residents' desire and need for more legal locations for motorized off-road recreation. We are all familiar with the difficulties faced by the enthusiasts of this sport and, finally, all parties - including the non-motorized enthusiasts - are recognizing that the provision of more legal locations for motorized recreation is to the benefit of all stakeholders.

SB-424 would be one small, initial step in this direction. Please support this bill that aims to preserve and expand the only state-land riding area in Connecticut, Pachaug State Forest.

Respectfully,
Tony Gasper, Ed.D.
East Hampton, CT.
NETRA BoD

You are NETRA!

Post Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:56 pm

Sound Testing today at the proposed Gun Range site

Post Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:28 pm

Very happy to send emails / mail to senators. We need Pachaug...

Does anyone have a GPX of current the enduro loop? I have some from a few years back, but have run into trouble a few times this year... I am sure that someone has logged it...

Post Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:01 am

40 miles of late season solo riding in Pachaug yesterday.Deep water,tons of leaves and a fair amount of snow kept the ride "sketchy" at best.Temperatures ranged from 35* to a balmy 50*with very little frost and no ice.Let's hope for a stretch of warm weather before the real winter hits.

Post Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:38 am

GPX file? Dude, most of the guys like me still can't program the clock on our VCR's.
On the ADVrider forum, there is a Pachaug thread with some info. I believe they have shared GPX files so take a look.

https://advrider.com/f/threads/the-offi ... t-36397020

botwulf wrote:
Very happy to send emails / mail to senators. We need Pachaug...

Does anyone have a GPX of current the enduro loop? I have some from a few years back, but have run into trouble a few times this year... I am sure that someone has logged it...

Post Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:47 pm

Saturday's 55 mile Pachaug romp was one of the best ever.Six lucky blokes kicked the s**t out of some of Pachaug's best.Late season conditions are,shall we say,a little damp.We are all fired up for next Saturday(50* forecast).

Post Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:57 am

Oh Yeah!,Eight big time lucky guys hit Pachaug hard again Saturday with all they had.Four young bucks and four crafty old guys lit those wet woods on fire!One extreme cliffy/ledgey section took an hour to travel one mile.Now my friends, that is how to close out a year.Thanks to every dirt biker,event organizer,landowner and event sponsor that made this year one of the best in decades.See you out there for the first ride of the year next week!

Post Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:33 pm

Four Pathfinders had a great time doing 45 miles at Pachaug today. Other than the lots of standing water, conditions were very rideable. After noon, some greasy black soil started to appear and it felt like probably the ground was still frozen about 2" below those spots - SLIPPERY!!! Tons of fun.

WE NEED TO KEEP MONITORING THE POLICE SHOOTING RANGE SITUATION THERE - WE NEED TO SAVE THOSE TRAILS!!! :bomb :bomb
NETRA BoD

You are NETRA!

Post Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:16 pm

This place is not arrowed very well from what I saw. Who has a RT Sheet?
Thanks

Post Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:48 pm

dwarf66 wrote:
This place is not arrowed very well from what I saw. Who has a RT Sheet?
Thanks

are you GPS savvy?

https://advrider.com/f/threads/the-offi ... t-36255908

Post Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:13 pm

Really early season report.From Sand Hill Rd.north the place is like a glacier.Dirt roads are covered with ice.Typically wet trails are frozen solid.Any rare thawed patch of ground has a layer of greasy slick mud ready to take you down fast.Guess what?It was still fun shivering and sliding for the first 30 miles of the new season.

Post Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:36 pm

Sounds like perfect conditions for studs!
NETRA BoD

You are NETRA!

Post Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:44 pm

Just back from a couple hours of trail maintenance in and around Pachaug.What a mess.We will need a major clean up effort to get the loop back in shape.Stand by for some work party details soon.

Post Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:07 am

Mike I have a quad I use for trail work. Is there an exception for quads for trail maintenance? Count me in. I can be there by 3:30 during the week to start the process.

Post Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:52 pm

Expect more details soon.

PreviousNext

Return to General Dirt Bike Jibber-Jabber