Board index General Dirt Bike Jibber-Jabber Stoked to ride in Pachaug!

Stoked to ride in Pachaug!

Blah, Blah, Blah, dirt bikes... Yada, Yada, Yada, dirt bikes.

Post Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:47 pm

Took a major Pachaug Loop rip on Sunday 2/26/2017.I was a lucky dog on all accounts.Perfect conditions with mud,water,traction galore and great "no leaves" visibility.My trusty KTM 450 never skipped a beat.The best riding buddies in the business romping on one of the great trail loops in New England made for a day to remember.

Post Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:47 pm

450mike wrote:
Took a major Pachaug Loop rip on Sunday 2/26/2017.I was a lucky dog on all accounts.Perfect conditions with mud,water,traction galore and great "no leaves" visibility.My trusty KTM 450 never skipped a beat.The best riding buddies in the business romping on one of the great trail loops in New England made for a day to remember.

everyone in CT needs to write their state senator and state rep and ask them to put a stop to the state police gun range. Otherwise a big chunk of that "one of the great trail loops in New England " will be off limits.

glad you had a good ride. I really like that loop also.
I wanted a rich uncle, but I got an Uncle Rich.

Post Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:18 am

Rocketman,thanks for the advice.Somers and Urban were contacted this morning.

Post Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:32 pm

450mike wrote:
Rocketman,thanks for the advice.Somers and Urban were contacted this morning.

nice work. My rep and sen are on our side too. I beat the drum that we (the state) can't afford it $$$$$$$$$

Post Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:34 am

What happened to our early Spring?My big-time Pachaug "ride of a lifetime" is a fading memory.Am I the only bloke waiting for life to happen?How many more times can I check my spokes?WTF?!

Post Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:28 pm

I'm so confused... do I take off the spikes or not? Its snowing right now and the forecast says 50* on Sunday.

Post Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:59 pm

Until the ground dries out it is best to stay out of the woods. Best thing to do is walk the trails and clean some branches that have came down over the winter. We had a great dry riding season last year so a late start this season is not the end of the world.

Post Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:15 pm

Craneman74 wrote:
Until the ground dries out it is best to stay out of the woods. Best thing to do is walk the trails and clean some branches that have came down over the winter. We had a great dry riding season last year so a late start this season is not the end of the world.

yeah. if we rut it up too badly they could start limiting our season. as is stands now, the state lists it as closed during mud season. we need to police ourselves and be good stewards

Post Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:36 pm

Did parts of the Pachaug loop today and while the trails were definitely wet, the ground was not so soft that the bikes did any damage. No reason not to get out and enjoy the trails. Also wanted to thank whoever cleaned up the section just south of the Kinney Brook bridge. Looked like about 10 Hemlocks had fallen across the trail and been recently cut away.

Post Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:44 am

Can you believe it?The Pachaug Rock Ride is on the NETRA schedule(5/20/17).This is an iconic New England trail ride for riders of every level to enjoy.The variety of fun trails is amazing.Conditions in Pachaug have never been better.Take advantage of this opportunity whle you can.

Post Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:39 pm

Super "stoked" for another Pachaug adventure this weekend!I will put my new Pirelli"trail cleaner" to work marking trails for the upcoming Pachaug Turkey Run(5/20/2017).Let's go!

Post Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:42 pm

Sunday was "funday' in Pachaug State Forest.These trails are perfect;water in the water holes,mud in the mud holes and an icredible variety of trails in premium condition.I was pleased to meet a group of riders from Rhode Island that were having a great time.Do not miss the Pachaug Rock Ride 5/20/2017.This is a perfect opportunity to learn the loop or get "schooled" by the locals.I will see you there.

Post Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:59 pm

Agreed. I was there on Sunday. Trails are mint. Surprised at the lack of standing water.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
NETRA BoD

You are NETRA!

Post Mon May 01, 2017 7:08 am

Every inch of the Pachaug Trail Loop was in perfect shape on Sunday.The "Pachaug Rock Ride" should be a blast.If you want to have a great day of riding,be there.It is on Saturday,5/20/2017.

Post Sun May 21, 2017 10:15 am

I had a great day at Saturday's Rock Ride.I met a lot of new riders and reconnected with a few long lost riding buddies.I thought the ride was outstanding!I hope that all you out of town riders enjoyed our "home trails".Thanks for coming.Tell us about your day!

Post Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:23 pm

Holy submarine ride!I am still drying my gear after Sunday's underwater adventure in Pachaug.I am a big fan of changing trail conditions,however,the amount of water on the loop is amazing.I have not seen so much standing and running water in 30 years.Good times with my blokes even in the rain.

Post Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:33 pm

I was out there Saturday and the water in that second trail section after the netra lot was almost air box deep ! The face slappers in the middle of water section were an added bonus too lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Post Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:35 pm

There are still arrows up on the northern half of the Pachaug trail loop used for the turkey run.A small group of volunteers has removed the arrows down south.I remove any I see(dozens).Arrows are litter.They should have been removed the day of the rock ride.This type of oversight could easily jeopardize the use of a great trail loop.If you see a paper arrow when you are out there,please remove it and dispose of it properly.Thanks.

Post Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:08 am

Looking to ride Pachaug Sunday morning, Any one ride out
There this past weekend that could give an updated trail report.

Post Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:58 am

We had a great late season ride in Pachaug Sunday.53 miles of good times and near misses.Let's hope for some good weather to keep this banner year of riding alive.

Post Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:29 am

Can I do a short loop from the parking lot off Dow. I want to ride it but I never really have enough time to do the whole loop.
Thanks

Post Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:00 pm

You can do a short loop and stay in the northern part of the loop. What route sheet do you have? Send me a PM and I can help you out with directions. Mark

Post Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:08 am

It was sixty degrees on 11/29/17.While you were at work doing something critically important,I was out having a blast riding in the Pachaug State Forest.Thanks to the encouragement of a great brother,I said" to hell with it,I'm going riding".On the topic of wheelies,I ask 3 questions-1)How high is too high?2)How long is too long?3)how many is too many?Good Times.

Post Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:07 pm

Nice! Me and a friend had a great rip through there on Sunday, although the water a few miles after the parking lot was 3 feet deep when its usually 6 inches. Next time I go back I'm taking a hand saw to try and clear a pine that blocked one of the few good sweeping berms on the loop.
Ride On.

Post Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:40 pm

Be careful riding in Pachaug during the ongoing hunting season.Hunting on State land is permitted in CT on Saturdays.There will be a lot of hunters in the woods.You may want to give them a break and ride Sunday.Rhode Island(the land of illegal riding) allows hunting on Sunday.There are strict regulations regarding flo-orange clothing etc.in RI.Be careful.

Next

Return to General Dirt Bike Jibber-Jabber