Board index General Dirt Bike Jibber-Jabber Stoked to ride in Pachaug!

Stoked to ride in Pachaug!

Blah, Blah, Blah, dirt bikes... Yada, Yada, Yada, dirt bikes.

Post Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:27 pm

I see an announcement in the local paper that NEMBA in conjunction with DEEP is doing earth day cleanup on the 14th and 20th. on a NEW multi-use trail. Does anyone know about this and shouldn't we be involved. Seems NEMBA is in good standing with DEEP.

Post Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:52 pm

Here is a link to a Facebook post about the project:

https://www.facebook.com/winyradio/post ... 879989700/

I called the number listed and spoke to someone from NEMBA. They are creating a new multi-use trail between Green Fall Pond road (approx 1 mile south of rt 138) and the Narragansett Hiking trail to the east of there.

Green Fall Pond road is part of the Pachaug enduro loop and is closed much of the year to outside vehicle traffic . Be on the lookout for traffic on that road once they open the gate for work parties, etc. Easy place to have a head-on.

Post Wed May 15, 2019 10:31 pm

Hello guys I lost a Vermont MC plate today 05/15/19 possibly in the areas of the entrance off of 165 to 138 /Green Falls trails/Gallop RD. If found please let me know Ill even buy a 6 pack of your favorite beer. I am so bummed out I wanted to ride my first enduro at Clarkie's and I fear I might not find it or get it replaced in time. Thanks for any help.

Post Sat May 18, 2019 8:00 pm

Ive been searching since Thursday the reward is up to a 12 Pack !! :beer

Post Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:23 pm

Please use caution where the Pachaug Trail reaches North Shore Road in Voluntown.I am suspicious of potential booby trapping/sabotage.I picked up a 16 penny spike straight up through my rear tire.Too shiny,too close to 90 degree entry.There is more than one unhappy resident on North Shore Road.

Post Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:13 pm

450mike wrote:
Please use caution where the Pachaug Trail reaches North Shore Road in Voluntown.I am suspicious of potential booby trapping/sabotage.I picked up a 16 penny spike straight up through my rear tire.Too shiny,too close to 90 degree entry.There is more than one unhappy resident on North Shore Road.
Thanks for the heads-up
NETRA BoD

You are NETRA!

Post Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:00 pm

450mike wrote:

I was in there today looked like some one put some plywood on the bridge, maybe from that ? Nothing else unusual noticed, thanks for the heads up.

Post Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:18 am

We used screws on the plywood

Post Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:53 pm

Big addition to the Turkey Run schedule ; The Central Cycle Club Rock Ride on 4/5/2020 . High excitement for a great trail ride from a great club . This early date will be a challenge as the loop needs a lot of work . Last Pachaug Turkey Run was a bit sketchy , how can we help with your plans? Trail boss , please PM me .

Post Mon May 18, 2020 3:30 pm

Pachaug has been over run with dozens of SXS's,quads,Jeeps and unregistered moto bikes none of which are legal in the State forest.The amount of damage that has been done to the trail system is incredible. My guess is the entire forest will be permanently shut down to all motorized use after decades of generally compliant and careful usage.DEEP officers should start at the Dow Road parking lot then move south to the park itself to ward off violators.The days of educating a few miscreants are over;legal riders are grossly outnumbered.

Post Mon May 18, 2020 4:56 pm

Post Wed May 20, 2020 11:23 am

The unregistered bikes and ATV's outnumber us 3 to one. This past Sunday morning there were several groups at Dow Road Lot that were unregistered when we set out and another group of unregistered bikes when we returned.
The Shetucket Turnpike area seems to be a favorite for Jeeps, Wyassup to Kinnie Brook is overrun with ATV's.
I worry about the potential closure because of the damage being done.

Post Wed May 20, 2020 12:08 pm

I know this wont help much but what if NETRA paid for more signage stating the rules/laws and we post them at critical spots? Also, could a local NETRA club set up a trail patrol once in while to stop people on quads or bikes without lights and plates?

We (Pathfinders) do it at the Thomaston Dam. We have no jurisdiction but just by wearing an orange vest and patrolling the lots deters the "bad guys".

Post Sun May 31, 2020 5:53 pm

I was listening to an online State Police Scanner and there was a call at 5 pm today, of ATV's & dirt bikes at Hell Hollow Road, Voluntown on the Quinebaug trail. Listened for an hour. Didn't hear the outcome of it. There was also a hiker accident in the area and perhaps the other call was diverted.

Post Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:56 pm

Is there a route sheet for pachaug loop

Post Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:17 am

sent you a PM with Route Sheet attached

Post Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:25 am

Thanks

Post Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:45 am

Went for a ride at Pachaug last Monday. There was one other truck in the parking lot. Some of the trails, mostly in the muddy and deep water sections were blown out bad by 4 wheel vehicles. We seemed to have the place to ourselves until we came across a guy with a 4 wheel drive truck covered in mud. Then later we saw 2 guys in a late model Jeep on the red arrow trails.

Post Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:52 pm

Who is riding pachaug Sunday AM? Thanks

Post Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:52 pm

Doing an Early Bird Sunday. Sent you a PM

Post Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:46 pm

FYI: Most people are aware by now that there is logging that blocks the trail near the end of the loop. After Mt. Misery you exit right onto Trail 2 Road and then left onto Lee Rd. The righthand turn off of Lee Rd puts you on a trail takes you to the closure.

You can stay straight on Lee Rd past the trail and past the farm, right onto Breakneck Hill, right onto Hell Hollow Rd. Soon after you can pick up the loop again on the left.

Approximate area of closure: https://www.google.com/maps/@41.6108606 ... e3!5m1!1e1
NETRA BoD

You are NETRA!

Previous

Return to General Dirt Bike Jibber-Jabber