Board index Trading Post - Classifieds Wanted Trailer

Trailer

Post Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:00 pm

Looking at whats out there for trailers setup for bikes and maybe sleeping space. Ideally I want a 14' all aluminum trailer (16' is the max size I want) setup for two or three bikes with fold away cots and shelves or cabinets for tools and gear. Extras like a roof vent (or a/c). interior lighting, water tank for outside shower. wired for generator, etc all make it more appealing. I know some guys have built their own. Looking for what is out there before I start from scratch.
Text or call is best.
401 480-2334
Rich

Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:44 am

May be cheaper to purchase a toy hauler camper not as rewarding but....A Quality all aluminum trailer in that size start at 6 grand then add all the options it gets pricey quick. I do love some of the trailer you see at the races the folks get very creative with the limited space.

Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:15 am

I did notice there was a budget missing from the first post...even something ballpark may help.

Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:19 am
jsc
C Class Poster

BOOM here you go, since you don't have a budget. add says $14,500, which in my opinion is kind of high, I have seen bigger models same make/year (7x20 & 8x22) for the same price. only 2200 LBS dry, it is at your max size of 16'. :beer

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2013-L ... 5000465193

Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:08 am

As far as a budget....starting at free and working up from there. So far my first choice is an all aluminum 14' trailer with finished interior for 5k, no amenities or bike anchors. It would be an easy fit for tie hooks and shelves or cabinets. At the outer extreme I would look into a water tank, self contained john and wall mounted cot. The one jsc posted is pretty sweet, IDK about the slide out bed (probably in the way if its not out) but the awning is a great touch. That would be the high end of my budget and I wouldn't go that "big"........meaning trying to cram all of that into a small trailer. Air matteress on the floor is a very comfy, cheap way to sleep

Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:24 pm
Did you check racing junk dot com? I just recently bought a work n play. 24' with bathroom for dwarf people and a little kitchen area at the front and fold up beds above each wheel well. Ramp load at rear. E track on the floor in all the right places. But honestly a ramp load cargo trailer with 2 windows and a people door would be fine if you're cool with primitive cooking. No one wants to clean the **** tank on a camper anyways. You could put a Coleman portable terlet in there too. The fold away beds indont like cuz I feel like mice can destroy them vs an air mattress tucked away into a sealed tote. Just some thoughts....I got my trailer for stupid cheap but I would have got the cargo otherwise. Not to mention....dual purpose unlike a toy hauler!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:52 pm

I didn't think of that site. Thanks for the heads up.
The fold up cots I saw were just a metal frame. Of course you add the mattress......but I'm sold on an air mattress unless I get a Toyhauler with built in bedding. Still looking like a cargo trailer with a roof vent and build it from there. Thanks again

Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:18 am

IMO, forget the portapotty, they end up stinking up the trailer/boat/camper/etc. and are a pain to clean. But you are in the poop biz, so maybe you have some tricks.
"It just needs a carb cleaning"

Return to Wanted