Board index The Extra Bolt Garage Stock KTM computer and a Watchdog both on same pickup?

Stock KTM computer and a Watchdog both on same pickup?

Post your mechanical questions here. Tips. Trick. Techniques.

Does anyone know if you can add a watchdog computer and still keep the stock one running on the same magnet sensor?

I recently bought a newer bike (2015 KTM500EXC) and I would like to keep the stock computer running with the odometer and hour meter and such but I also need to add the watchdog.

It seems like it would be simple enough to pigtail the second computer off of the same pickup wire, although there may be some sort of one way signal gate to stop interference between the two required.

I tried contacting David Dugas, the engineer of the Watchdog computer. I left him a voicemail and sent an email weeks ago but I haven't gotten a response.

So I figured I'd see if anyone else here has accomplished this or has any information that would help.

Thanks,

Bill N

Dan User avatar

B Class Poster

Don't see why not, what I don't understand is why

I just picked up a new bike and used a posi tap to connect my watchdog to the existing pickup wires. Didn't work at first then someone told me to switch the 2 wires and it worked fine.

Deano,

I thought it might be that simple but figured I would ask first.

Thanks,

Bill

The other option I have seen is to tap a second hole in the brake carrier and run two pickups.
"It just needs a carb cleaning"

fishon401 wrote:
The other option I have seen is to tap a second hole in the brake carrier and run two pickups.

Although I am not fond of the idea, I'm starting to understand why someone might do this. Been getting some interference while piggy backing the stock odo. will keep working on it.

There must be some sort of one-way valve for electrical circuits. It seems like it would be simple enough that it must exist. I'm just not that Savvy at Electronics.

Return to The Extra Bolt Garage