Board index The Extra Bolt Garage Buying in bulk

Buying in bulk

Post your mechanical questions here. Tips. Trick. Techniques.

Post Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:18 pm

Does anyone here buy things like chains or oil in bulk? I have about 4 bikes that should all get new chains over the winter, all taking the same size, I just feel like 520 o-ring chain is something I should be able to get a 100 foot roll of and be set for a few years.

Post Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:38 am

Really, should be able to buy it in bulk. There was a company called U.S. Tsubaki in the springfield area that made chain. No clue if they are making o rings but I sold them metal many years ago. they made a lot of industrial chain like for fork lifts and conveyors so maybe they have a distributor you can contact.

XRs_Mostly wrote:
Does anyone here buy things like chains or oil in bulk? I have about 4 bikes that should all get new chains over the winter, all taking the same size, I just feel like 520 o-ring chain is something I should be able to get a 100 foot roll of and be set for a few years.

Post Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:05 pm

Lol that company brings back memories. I dated a quality engineer from there just after college and they just did timing chain and gears for automotive manufacturers.
Tom A.
SRCR President
Vintage Series Racer
1974 MT250, 1977 MX3, 1979 YZ400, 1980 CR250R, 1981 YZ465, 87/88 RM125, 91 CR250R

Post Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:00 am

MikeDi wrote:
Really, should be able to buy it in bulk. There was a company called U.S. Tsubaki in the springfield area that made chain. No clue if they are making o rings but I sold them metal many years ago. they made a lot of industrial chain like for fork lifts and conveyors so maybe they have a distributor you can contact.

XRs_Mostly wrote:

They are still there. Might be worth a call.

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:12 pm

Richard
At some point in life, everyone has gambled on a fart and lost.

Post Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:57 am

I worked there for 4-5 years back in the day. I don't think they sell to the public but can be purchased online. The company split locations years ago Holyoke Ma for roller chains and Chicopee for timing chains systems.
Great quality....

Return to The Extra Bolt Garage