Board index Events Non competitive events

Non competitive events

Hare scrambles, Enduros, Turkey Runs, Oh my!

Post Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:31 pm

Last year there was an event at a local ski area ( I think )here in Connecticut, which I learned about after the fact. Does anybody know if it will be repeated this year? Can anybody recommend any non competitive events that don't require a street legal bike? I love racing but sometimes it's just fun to ride. Thanks in advance.
Mike S.

Post Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:36 pm

I think it was a hare scramble at MT. Southington, this year the Pathfinders are having a Fun Ride there 06/23 here is the NETRA schedule for all the events for 2019

https://www.netra.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/2019NETRASchedule.pdf

Post Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:11 am

Oh it's on. June 23, at Mt Southington Ski Area.

Check out all the non-competitive rides.

https://www.netra.org/events/non-competitive-events/
NETRA Webmaster | NETRA BoD | Pathfinders Motorcycle Club

Post Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:48 pm

ms06877 wrote:
Last year there was an event at a local ski area ( I think )here in Connecticut, which I learned about after the fact. Does anybody know if it will be repeated this year? Can anybody recommend any non competitive events that don't require a street legal bike? I love racing but sometimes it's just fun to ride. Thanks in advance.
Mike S.

Last season (2018) it was a harescramble, and in 2017 it was a fun ride, and it’s gonna be a fun ride again in 2019

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:54 pm

Got it. Thanks! Probably should have looked at the schedule first. That gives me time to decide which bike to bring. Maybe two.

Post Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:19 am

ms06877 wrote:
Got it. Thanks! Probably should have looked at the schedule first. That gives me time to decide which bike to bring. Maybe two.

At least TWO bikes!!! The 2017 FUN ride @ Mt Southington was an absolute blast. I broke out the big bore two-strokes for this one :biggrin

Between jackpiner and myself we had a Husky WR430, ATK 406, KX500 and KTM 360! :pop
Here's a couple pix from the day...

more grass slope.jpg

IMG_1891.JPG

ATK uphill.jpg
NW CT
I speak vintage, but don't ride it!

Post Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:10 am

ANHTMF= Ain't never had too much fun.-But you can come darn near close to when you twist the wick full on going straight up a ski slope at the Pathfinders fun ride. A perfect venue it is to bring a newbie , a friend along to introduce them to riding at a sponsored organized event. A perfect place to set the hook and reel'em in for the continued growth of our sport and to add to our voice where we can use it like the ex: DAM n Mass issues.

Return to Events