Board index Events 2018 Jack Frost Weekend - CANCELLED

2018 Jack Frost Weekend - CANCELLED

Hare scrambles, Enduros, Turkey Runs, Oh my!

Post Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:55 pm

Please take note of the sentences at the bottom of the flyer. This event is held on US gov't property and the MA Environmental Police usually have a presence there. Usually they have just been there to inform people of the existing laws and not to try to turn anybody away from the event.

Parents - we are trying to plan a MA youth safety course with the Environmental Police the morning before the Jr. Enduro. We feel this would be a strong signal that NETRA is trying to do the right thing by complying with and supporting the existing MA laws. We will keep you posted and update the flyer if/when we get a green light. There is an online portion of the training that needs to be completed before attending the actual course. Further info can be found here: https://www.mass.gov/how-to/off-highway-vehicle-safety-certificate-course

Usually this is the last event of the year and is a good way to wind down from a long season. This year Holiday Mountain is the following weekend so hopefully we still get a good turnout!

Feel free to contact me directly via the info on the flyer if you have any questions.

For Sunday's ride, do the bikes need to be street registered?

Street plates not required for this event.
almon777 wrote:
For Sunday's ride, do the bikes need to be street registered?
NETRA BoD, President

You are NETRA!

Unfortunately I have made the decision to cancel the Jack Frost events this weekend. This includes the youth safety course Saturday morning. This decision was not easy as there has been significant time and effort invested in preparing and planning for the events. Also I do not consider NETRA events to be "fair weather" sports, we ride in heat, cold, rain and snow. However, the forecasted Nor'easter is predicted to dump 1-2" of rain on the property on Saturday. This normally would not be a concern to the personnel at the dam, but we have received too much rain in the past month that there's nowhere for it to go. I do not want to do excessive damage to the trails which would not only risk our ability to put on future events there but also risk public access to the trails.

Scott Ignachuck

ECL
C Class Poster

Makes sense, trails would get destroyed.

Is there any chance that the fun ride will be rescheduled? That day is my sons favorite ride of the year.

Totally understandable. Thanks for all the effort.
NETRA BoD, President

You are NETRA!

Understandable, thanks to the club for the effort to put this event on. I am hearing that it could possibly be rescheduled so fingers crossed.

Return to Events