Board index Events CATRA Black Fly Weekend - May 19-20, 2018

CATRA Black Fly Weekend - May 19-20, 2018

Hare scrambles, Enduros, Turkey Runs, Oh my!

could someone who knows the exact address to 2018 BLACK FLY let me know. My daughter lives near lake george and i am try to work out sat. sun. logistics.

Tough race for me last year, I crashed hard on my second lap and wasn't able to finish. Hopefully I'll have better results this year!! :twothumbs: Thanks to the trail worker that saw me go down and helped me up and back on my feet.

00 buckshot wrote:
could someone who knows the exact address to 2018 BLACK FLY let me know. My daughter lives near lake george and i am try to work out sat. sun. logistics.

I don't want to give away the exact location but google Galway, NY 12074 is close and gives an idea of travel time with in 15 min (BE SURE TO FOLLOW ARROWS AS THIS IS NOT THE EXACT ADDRESS).

Track preview coming soon
2016 KTM 250XCW, 2004 Sherco 290

ZowaOptics, Acerbis, RYNO POWER, Engine Ice, Twin Air, Sunstar Sprocket & Chain, ProShotCam

moodus2006 wrote:
00 buckshot wrote:

I don't want to give away the exact location but google Galway, NY 12074 is close and gives an idea of travel time with in 15 min (BE SURE TO FOLLOW ARROWS AS THIS IS NOT THE EXACT ADDRESS).

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NETRA 4354

7.4 miles exactly from start to finish this year for our Harescramble! Every type of terrain you can think of. Off camber singletrack, rocks, ruts and roots. Did I mention rocks? A bunch of fresh cut trail and some fast logging roads! Off camber rock garden? We have one of those! Some logs? Yup! This track will be a blast and you won’t want to miss this race!

Vintage will get the best trails we have to offer

Great spectating spots very close to scoring and the pits so you can see your racers coming through.

Track preview coming soon!

In the words of Jerry Bernardo FAHQ Prez I quote.. “CATRA RULES”
Attachments
78E2844D-C06E-4BB5-9232-00A18276E7B6.jpeg

ZowaOptics, Acerbis, RYNO POWER, Engine Ice, Twin Air, Sunstar Sprocket & Chain, ProShotCam

Webmaster wrote:

Videos up

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?stor ... &ref=notif

NETRA 4354

Problem with the video link before. Just go to catra facebook page to see our 3 pre ride video's posted by Vintage Trail Bos Dan Haffey:

https://www.facebook.com/capitalareatrailriders/
NETRA 4354

Crash wrote:
Problem with the video link before. Just go to catra facebook page to see our 3 pre ride video's posted by Vintage Trail Bos Dan Haffey:

https://www.facebook.com/capitalareatrailriders/

Got a link for non-facebook people that I can post?

Who doesn’t have Facebook?? It’s 2018

CATRArider156 wrote:

I don't. By choice!

Looks like Anna and myself will be coming for the first time in years! I love CATRAland! Unfortunately I separated my shoulder a week ago, but I rode last night and it was... OK while riding, but not OK the next day!

It's my first B hare scramble so I'm going to use it to learn how long my YZ250X gas will last me so I can strategize better when 100%. Assuming I stay upright I think I can do solid midpack B with the shoulder.

Anna, however, is looking to get top 5 in C OA. Let's see what she can do!

VTNewb wrote:
Looks like Anna and myself will be coming for the first time in years! I love CATRAland! Unfortunately I separated my shoulder a week ago, but I rode last night and it was... OK while riding, but not OK the next day!

It's my first B hare scramble so I'm going to use it to learn how long my YZ250X gas will last me so I can strategize better when 100%. Assuming I stay upright I think I can do solid midpack B with the shoulder.

Anna, however, is looking to get top 5 in C OA. Let's see what she can do!

Sweet! I can tell you that I can race 2 hours and not have to pit for gas. I am mid to back of the pack A250 rider lol. So you should be good! We have a great track this year

Btw the yz holds 0.5 gal less than Orange [LOUDLY CRYING FACE][LOUDLY CRYING FACE][LOUDLY CRYING FACE]

NETRA 4354

Crash wrote:
Btw the yz holds 0.5 gal less than Orange [LOUDLY CRYING FACE][LOUDLY CRYING FACE][LOUDLY CRYING FACE]

Truth. All the larger aftermarket tank options seem to make the seat fit funny too. Bummer? In the enduro series I always make gas no problem, though.

Ya but in 2 hour HS in B ur on the gas the whole race - no cruise sections

NETRA 4354

Indaway wrote:
CATRArider156 wrote:

I don't. By choice!

Me either and I never will. Nothing good comes of social media.

Indaway wrote:
CATRArider156 wrote:

I don't. By choice!

X2

what is Face book?

I wanted to let the CATRA folks know that their place is awesome!

I only did a lap (turns out I really shouldn't have started with that torn shoulder), but I'm glad I did - i was there anyway to support some friends.

Great venue, nice people.

VTNewb wrote:
I wanted to let the CATRA folks know that their place is awesome!

I only did a lap (turns out I really shouldn't have started with that torn shoulder), but I'm glad I did - i was there anyway to support some friends.

Great venue, nice people.

Thanks!!
NETRA 4354

Can someone explain to me how the C Class was scored? There were trail issues, scoring issues ??? So how did the Moto Tally scoring board results get changed to the posted results? :dunno

How does a rider with a 33.xx minute first lap, 34.yy minute second lap and last lap of 24.00 minutes, like third fastest of everyone else in the 30+ minutes compute? :dunno

SQUERACING wrote:
Can someone explain to me how the C Class was scored? There were trail issues, scoring issues ??? So how did the Moto Tally scoring board results get changed to the posted results? :dunno

How does a rider with a 33.xx minute first lap, 34.yy minute second lap and last lap of 24.00 minutes, like third fastest of everyone else in the 30+ minutes compute? :dunno

Please hang tight. The Competition Committee, Scoring Team, and CATRA trailbosses are all working on this. Your patience is appreciated.

Long story short, 100 riders got on to the wrong course. About 15 went the right way. Those riders (who rode the longer, correct course) were credited their class's average difference. The credit was removed from the last lap.

Please don't start a forum bashing here. The right people know the issue and are working to resolve it.

CATRA scoring. Not forum bashing, there was no sign of active scoring review by Trail Boss or others on Sunday. Pit crews who followed their riders, new who was were and the end of day posting was not right by their observation. :omg:

Next

Return to Events