Board index General Dirt Bike Jibber-Jabber New to MA

New to MA

Blah, Blah, Blah, dirt bikes... Yada, Yada, Yada, dirt bikes.

Post Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:47 pm

Hi All,

I just recently moved to MA from PA with my family. I've got two girls 6 - 8 who like to ride trails as well as myself. From what I've seen so far MA is a little different than PA as far as where to ride and bike registrations.

Any advice on where to start in regards to the bikes(s)? I don't have titles for mine, but do for the kids. Once that's settled where and who to ride with? We're anxious to get back outside.

I see there are plenty of events to participate in, which we'll do, but looking for additional options to get started.

Thanks

- bob

Post Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:00 pm

Welcome Bob,

Where in MA are you? Might help with where to start. :)

Deano

Post Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:16 pm

SurlyBob wrote:
Once that's settled where and who to ride with? We're anxious to get back outside.

I see there are plenty of events to participate in, which we'll do, but looking for additional options to get started.

- bob

Join NETRA AND join a local club....IMO, that is the best way to get help navigating the various registration processes AND you’ll find plenty of places to ride and folks who will join you!

Sent from my Dirtbike using Tapatalk

Post Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:44 am

Deano wrote:
Welcome Bob,

Deano

Good point. Newton, MA

The club idea also seems good. Been eyeing some up.

Post Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:48 pm

SurlyBob wrote:
Deano wrote:
Welcome Bob,

Deano

Good point. Newton, MA

The club idea also seems good. Been eyeing some up.

Reach out to King Philip Trail Riders

http://www.netra.org/about/clubs/

Post Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:36 pm
ALG
C Class Poster

Welcome Bob!

The Salmon River County Riders are hosting a NETRA Family Fun Trail Ride day on August 12th. The Venue is right on the Mass / RI border in Burrellville RI. We've got trails for all abilities and we'd be happy to have you and your family join in the fun!

Al G

Post Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:49 pm

Deano, thanks for the KPTR plug!

KPTR meets the first and third Tuesday of each month at 7:30 pm at the Wrentham American Legion located at 592 South St, Wrentham, MA 02093. The meeting is on the main level, the bar is downstairs.

Our next event is the Ray Flower Memorial Family Fun Day on September 15th at the Wrentham Development Center on North Street in Wrentham. A flyer with event details will be posted soon. This is a non-competitive ride with two loops, one gentle loop for beginners and one more technical loop for more advanced riders. The more advanced loop has no stoppers and should be a good confidence builder for riders that are advancing.

Post Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:44 am

Thanks everyone!

I'll be at the KPTR meeting tomorrow night (Aug 7), and taking the family to RI on the 12th!

Post Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:51 am

SurlyBob wrote:
Thanks everyone!

I'll be at the KPTR meeting tomorrow night (Aug 7), and taking the family to RI on the 12th!

We got a deal for you too.. New NETRA members get in for $10 bucks a rider at our fun run. If you signed up online just print out your receipt and bring it to the sign up tent otherwise you can sign up at the event!
Tom A.
SRCR President
Vintage Series Racer
1974 MT250, 1977 MX3, 1977 RM/TS 175, 1980 CR250R, 1981 YZ465, 90 RM125, 90 CRM250

Post Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:33 pm

SurlyBob wrote:
Thanks everyone!

Bob,

I'll be there as well and keep my eye out for a new face.

Kevin

Return to General Dirt Bike Jibber-Jabber